Saturday, June 26, 2010

Charisse the Intern


Charisse Harris is
. . . . a senior at Baldwin- Wallace College
. . . . a Studio Art Major
. . . . a painter at heart but considered a New Media Artist
. . . . alive

Before Baldwin-Wallace I had the privilege of attending Miller South School for the Visual & Performing Arts and then continuing the art program at Firestone High School in Akron. This summer I am busy directing a fashion show, conducting creative research, and working two awesome internships. I am most excited about working as a Special Projects Intern at the Pop Shop Gallery.

After studying abroad in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East I realized that much more attention should be placed on global issues. Consumption and poverty are some concerns I feel obliged to commentate on. For me there is no better way to convey these concepts then with new media. Conceptual new media can be rousing, confusing, and exhilarating. Video installation, lights, sound, found objects, spray paint, cardboard, robotics, smell and touch are essential to my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment